Monday, March 4, 2013

30 Days of Devotion: Day 27 & 28

Worst misconception about this deity that you have encountered?

I suppose the obvious one is the all war and misogynistic aspect of Odin. While Odin has an aspect of war, it's not all encompassing. I also never got a misogynistic feel or view of him.  Odin seems very aloof, at least to me right now.  If you wish to worship him, he would accept you without concern of your gender and demand the same from me as he would of you.  He goes to see a seeress/prophetess without qualm and has learned magic from Frigga.  Why would he seek out such information only to 'spit' on those who were his teachers?  Odin won't come out and say he favors one gender over the other, and I think those old tales paint him in such a way that isn't favorable to some.  It is up to the person to go out and learn whether or not these are true.











Something you wish you knew about this deity but don’t currently.

How to REALLY stay in contact with him.  I've stated before that I'm not fit for god spouse status but I do want to work with Odin more often and in a close way.  I see him as a teacher and would love to take an apprenticeship(best thing I can think of) with him.  His responses to me and ways of watching are through my own thoughts at him and the birds I hear and see through out the day.  Since my job keeps me far away from doors and windows, though, I can't see them during my shift and all seems quiet.

I suppose I just have to keep working at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment