Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's the Little Things

Finished the 30 days of Devotion yesterday and I think, while I did have to double up, that I've moved forward on my spiritual quest.  I've grown closer to Odin in our own way.  Now I just need to keep chugging forward with this.

Last night culminated in a strange but insanely happy moment.  I have this odd habit of finding recipes in magazines in work's break room and ripping out said recipes for later.  I have a little shoe box filled with things from making naturally colored cream cheese frosting and sweet lavender scones to preparing a holiday ham.  Grendal, while happy that I was finding some awesome recipes, was getting annoyed that they didn't have a proper spot, save for a shoe box.  So what does he do?  He finds a three ring binder and some clear page sleeves and hands it to me.  "Make your cook book."  I had balked at the idea in earlier instances but as I sat down and started, I felt insanely giddy.  About an hour later I had a makeshift cook book.  Somewhere in the back of my head I saw it as my own grimoire, which is odd.  While I never considered myself a Kitchen Witch I liked the idea, and seeing how Asatru is about home and family, it kinda works out.  Either way, I was over joyed and have these recipes set up in a lovely fashion.

I've been having the urge to do some tarot readings in general but it's starting to seem like my cards and I aren't clicking anymore.  The current deck I use wasn't mine in the beginning and was, in fact, a deck Grendal gave me.  I felt from the get go that the deck was reluctant to work with me and when we did work together, things went well.  Lately, though, not so much.  My original deck has been retired and kept in a safe place, and I think it's time to do the same with this deck.  Actually, I think it's over do.  So I've been eying decks and I think I found one that can work (Grendal agrees).  All I have to do is order them, hopefully tonight, and begin again.  Eventually, I'll begin working with Runes but I'm a little nervous.  I'll do it, though.  I think flexing my divination muscles may be something useful if not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment