Wednesday, February 20, 2013

30 Days of Devotion: 15 & 16

Any mundane practices that are associated with this deity?


None that I know. I think one could argue that composing some form of written work or performing in a play could be a mundane practice for Odin.  Honestly I don't know much about this.  Not many people really set out how the worship a deity point by point, and it always seems like the one you want to know about isn't present.

So personally, it is the composing of written work.  I write stories and if/when they are published, I will dedicate it to Odin in thanks.




How do you think this deity represents the values of their pantheon and cultural origins?


There are nine virtues which I think you could say are the values of the pantheon.  Here is what I've been told:

  1. Courage
  2. Truth
  3. Honour
  4. Fidelity
  5. Discipline
  6. Hospitality
  7. Self Reliance
  8. Industriousness
  9. Perseverance

I do think Odin represents these virtues, though some may argue. I suppose the only argument would be against Fidelity. There are stories of Odin laying with other people, his wife doing much of the same, but the two always come back to each other. Odin loves Frigg and vice versa. For me, I don't think I need to explain each point and how Odin represents them. I will if someone speaks up, but He speaks for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment