Sunday, February 24, 2013

30 Days of Devotion: 19& 20

What quality or qualities of this god do you most admire? What quality or qualities of them do you find the most troubling?

The qualities that I admire would be the ones in the vein of writing (I.E. Poetry, songs, novels) and wisdom. I'm always writing or thinking up stories, and knowledge and wisdom is something I strive for constantly. Just ways of bettering myself I suppose.

What I find troubling would be Odin's war aspect. Conflict is not my thing.  I understand that it is a large part of Him but I try to bring the peace as much as possible. I mean, if there is conflict that I cannot avoid then I'll wade through it and weather any blows that come my way, but I don't search them out.


Art that reminds you of this deity.

There has been a bunch of pieces that remind me of Odin, ones that purposely do so and others that aren't supposed to. I mean, I look at Ian McKellen as Gandalf and see Odin more than anything else.  Looking around the collected pieces over the years I suppose this one sticks out:

It is from an artist on Deviantart (LINK) and it's a wonderful piece. Love this to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment