Wednesday, February 27, 2013

And on a personal note....

I know, I know. I have the time to do a another day's devotional to Odin but I haven't really written anything regarding me here in days. So, it's time for the obligatory update! :D

Finally got my federal tax return in and was so happy seeing my account hit the 1k mark. It's been years since that happened. Sadly that didn't last long. Not that it went to something bad. It actually went to Grendal's Utilikilt for the wedding!! He should have it by next week and then begins the battle of making sure he fits and doesn't wear it constantly before our wedding date. That and I think I need to start bothering his mother to begin my dress. :I

Speaking of wedding stuff, we still have to figure out invitations and food and all of that. I feel like I'm going nuts with the whole thing and June is inching closer and closer. We decided to just to get the roast pig rather than full catering and then running to Sam's Club for the extra vittles. Seems reasonable enough.

Works been slowly crawling by and Grendal is chugging through his class. He's talking in positive ways, referring to the railway job as if he already has it and he's gotten me to do the same thing. Positive thinking all around in that regard. Figured with that job I could cut back on my hours at work and focus on home stuff. I don't think I could actually function without a job, becoming nothing more than a bump on log in no time. Grendal has planned things out in regards to that. For the first year we save his paychecks as much as possible and then, with hope, purchase some property. There is a nice little blue house next to his parents' place that we've been eying and, with all the luck in the world, it should be vacant still and ready to purchase. Another year of living with his parents', and saving up some more, we should have enough money to tears down the existing house and hire someone to build something to our designs. Something akin to Tumbleweed Homes and all that. Energy efficient, a garden of our own, and a fenced in area for Yuko to run around without being leashed. And, if we can work things out, chickens but that has to do with possible zoning and laws.

In the meantime, though, I've been making myself sad by eyeballing acreage and farmland for sale  on different sites. It's our big dream to move a little more north and homestead. Grendal doesn't think I have it in me but I know I do. Seriously, 10 years ago I would have been more than happy living in a city(not a big one). After being with Grendal and living in this township/village, I don't think I could move back to the area my parents are in. It's too crowded. And don't even get me started on Chicago(oh the smell).

When all is said and done, things look rather good. I have some rants in the back of my head about our current situation thanks to some people, but that will be saved for another possible post. Besides, I don't want to kill my good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment